Tuesday, June 9, 2009

2 Months Old!

[caption id="attachment_56" align="aligncenter" width="225" caption="Roman during the "Cranky Hour""]Roman during the "Cranky Hour"[/caption]

Well, he is a little older than 2 months right now, but he just went for his 2 month checkup.  Here is the latest.

Roman is 23 inches long which puts him in the 50th percentile for height, perfectly average.  He however weighs 12lbs 14oz. That is almost thirteen pounds which puts him in about the 75th percentile! He has gained over 5 lbs in nine small weeks! Everywhere we go, he is mistaken to be much older than he actually is. A lot of that is attributed to his crazy hair, which the length is very long for a baby his age. The other is just that he is a big boy! I wouldn't say he is unusually large by any means, he just looks like an older baby, but he is still a two month old. He was scheduled to get vaccines yesterday. However, since the pediatrician did not know the ingredients of the vaccines she was giving, I was sent home with no vaccines and homework to do on the specific brands our pediatrician uses. But that is a topic for another post.

His sleeping schedule has become much more predictable and the first half of the day has become manageable.  I can even schedule a nap for myself once and a while! Right now, he is taking nap number two for the day.  In the evening he has what Thom and I call, his cranky hour. I have heard of babies screaming through the bulk of the evening hours. Fortunately Roman's "colicky" time is just a few minutes of crying and about an hour of fussiness. He LOVES his legs being run, and we end the evening with a relaxing bath. He loves his baths too, and we have even seen him dozing a few times as we bath him.  I must be the most fortunate mom...At this point I put on a fresh diaper, cream, fresh pajamas, wrap him in a blanket, lay him down, and he goes to sleep! Still not quite sleeping through the night, but he only gets up once to feed a night, and then fusses around 6 or 7. I can't complain, I have a very good two month old!

No comments:

Post a Comment