Monday, June 15, 2009

Sleep

CIMG1442WOW! Roman slept through the entire night for the first time ever! It was great to get so much sleep. Since he came home, it is a constant guessing and experimenting game with regards to his temperature, the room temperature, should the window be open, closed door or open, long sleeve PJ's or a onesie, swaddled or not, tightly or loosely. It is just a huge guessing game. But last night he was in PJ's and swaddled tightly with Kiddopotumus swaddler, which was a gift and came highly recommended. I am passing on that high recommendation! We actually had another one, which he squirmed out of regularly. The problem is, he still has that pesky startle reflex which causes him to scare himself awake a few times a night or right when he is about to fall asleep.

Anywho, last night was great even though I woke up at our regular times to check on him and make sure he was breathing. Hopefully as he sleeps longer and longer I wont feel the need to do that! He is still in the bassinet in our bedroom, but we will be transitioning him into his crib within the next couple of weeks (he is napping there now!).

I recommend, which also was recommended to me, "The Sleep Lady's" System, Guide to Sleeping, longer, better or some title like that. It suggests 3 months heading into the babies room for sleep, and the tips I got from this system I definitely think had an impact on his sleep schedule. Anyway, sorry if this was one of my less exciting posts. What else is the mother of a 2 & 1/2 month old supposed to talk about!

No comments:

Post a Comment